Ubud is the center of Balinese painting and its popular as an artists village. Originally the home of paintings in
At the northeast from Denpasar, stone figures on the roadside mark the
Looking for more items?
- Bamboo: Bona
- Ceramics: Campuhan, Kapal, Tabanan
- Masks: Singapadu
- Puppets: Klungkung, Sukawati, Gianyar
- Toys: Mas, Tampaksiring, Peliatan
- Wood carvings: Mas, Kemenuh, Buruan, Tegallalang, Pujung, Nyuh-kuning
- Textiles: Sidemen, Kampunggelgel, Klungkung Market, Batuan, Negara.
- Handwoven fabrics are a great buy; a simple sarong is an inexpensive, portable and practical travel accessory
- Ubud is the best place for you to buy paintings and other artworks
- It is quite common to bargain in markets, shops and art shops for buyers, so having a good price is partly dependent upon one's smartness in bargaining