OPENING SEPTEMBER 2018
Opening this September, the luxurious island retreat Joali will set a new benchmark for glamour and sophistication in the Maldives, celebrating the ‘Joy of Living’ with exquisite craftsmanship, artistry and sustainability at its very core.
Meticulous thought and attention to detail will be prevalent in every facet of Joali’s impeccable offering as it seeks to offer guests of all ages a more unconventional approach to laid-back luxury: from its artful design and architecture, to its carefully curated products, in-the-moment experiences and highly personalised services.
The resort is designed in and around every tree to ensure the preservation of its delicate ecosystem, and situated on Muravandhoo Island in the Raa Atoll, situated in northern Maldives and one of the largest and deepest atolls in the world. Located close to the Equator, Muravandhoo is blessed with brilliant blue waters, unspoilt coral reefs and pristine white-sand beaches, the lush interior abundant with coconut palms.
Joali will comprise 73 elegant private beach and water villas and residences, each inspired by individual stories and featuring artisanal amenities, curated in-room libraries, thoughtful design and select objêts d’art. Four restaurants will serve guests inventive fusion cuisine from across the globe to satisfy the most discerning of palates. There will be a stylish whisky lounge, a Chocolate and Ice Cream store, a curated library, an ESPA Spa and a range of fitness and sports activities on offer. Joali will curate specialised guest experiences aimed to educate and promote greater environmental awareness.
Central to the Joali offering is its exceptional array of art and design evident in all areas of the resort, with the Joali Art Studio & Gallery at the very heart. A rostrum of visiting artists will inspire guests with interactive art projects and nature inspired collections to nourish their creativity. Dotted around the resort are also exquisite works of art and design curated by Joali and created from recycled goods by celebrated young artists. Guests can add to their own art collection and holiday memories at the Store; this will sell distinct textile products, objêts d’art from local and global artists, as well as one-of-a-kind works created at the Studio.
LUXURY VILLAS AND RESIDENCES
There are a variety of two to five room villas available, suitable for couples and families, large or small, with butler service. The Private Ocean Residence will provide guests with 500 sqm of opulent living space across three bedrooms, with three dressing rooms – each with two walk-in wardrobes – and two living rooms. Two stunning infinity pools, a butler and valet service, and an on-call Dhoni complete the offering.
With its premier beachside position, the 500 sqm Private Duplex Beach Residence will have four exquisite bedrooms allowing ample space for up to eight people and also ensuring privacy. There will also be a butler and valet service, a curated library, and a buggy and driver at the guests’ disposal around the clock.
CULINARY ARTS AT JOALI
The dining experiences at Joali have been thoughtfully curated to satisfy the most discerning of foodies, and will include:
- VANDHOO RESTAURANT – A specially designed dining experience encompassing flavours from across South-East Asia, China, the Mediterranean and the Levant, Guests can enjoy experiential dining, delicious breakfasts and an impressive cellar of hand-picked wines and vintages.
- HER KITCHEN – A personalised culinary experience for guests to learn how to cook and enjoy local Maldivian recipes.
- SAOKE RESTAURANT – Joali chose world-renowned Japanese restaurant architect Noriyoshi Muramatsu to design Saoke Restaurant replete with Kotatsu seating, elegant lounge, and Nikkei cuisine.
- BELLINIS RESTAURANT – A true slice of Italy in the Maldives serving Nonna- approved dishes as well as a wide range of Grappa’s, peach Bellini’s and homemade Limoncellos.
- THE MURA BAR – With cabanas and infinity pods overlooking the sandy white beach, this is the place to head for exquisite sunset cocktails and light bites. There is also a special whiskey and cigar lounge.
- THE CHOCOLATE AND ICE-CREAM STORE – Set to be a big draw for both Joali’s youngest guests, and adults alike, serving a host of artisanal sweet treats.
- DESTINATION DINING – A special menu to be enjoyed in one’s villa or residence.
- WELLBEING AT JOALI - Achieving wellbeing is the very essence of Joali and holistically they seek to address physical ailments, emotional equilibrium and spiritual consciousness. A Wellbeing programme devised with ESPA will aim to reconnect individuals to themselves in mind, body and spirit. Inspired by the tropical surroundings, a wide range of indulgent treatments will be on offer. A fitness centre will offer expert trainers and expansive views of the ocean and the flora and fauna. Joali’s Flower Garden, a majestic showcase of local plants and flowers with workshops and events, will further inspire guests to expand their own botanical knowledge.
- KIDS AT JOALI - Eschewing the usual ‘Kid’s Club’, Joali will offer a host of imaginative activities to engage and entertain younger guests, including native storytelling days with local raconteurs, to interactive treasure hunts around the resort. The dedicated facilities will also include a Kid- friendly kitchen.
WEDDINGS AND HONEYMOONS AT JOALI
The ultimate island wedding and honeymoon destination, Joali’s experienced team will ensure an unforgettable day, from simple sunset nuptials à deux to a grand beachside event.
UNIQUE MOMENTS OF JOALI: BESPOKE ITINERARIES
Joali will create bespoke and exceptional itineraries for its guests; from snorkelling with Manta rays to learning about coral degradation; from wakeboarding, to chartered yacht and Dhoni excursions as well as meeting with local communities. To further encapsulate their take on ‘L’art de Vivre’, Joali has also created a host of ‘unique moments’; these include the Joali Spring Ceremony, a Tree House hideaway, and a dedicated Book Exchange.
For more info, visit JOALI