Trending in Asia Pacific
Whether on a relaxed lounge at home or in a dimmed bar, one of the best ways to unwind after a long day is with a cocktail in hand and feeling that sense of “aaah”. When it comes to pouring a drink, Hilton’s 2022 global trends report found tequila continues to dominate the spirit industry in the U.S. and many other parts of the world, while in Southeast Asia, gin is the drink of choice. Meanwhile, the sober curiosity movement is picking up speed around the world, with low-to-no ABV cocktails and Cocktail Zero menus rising in popularity.
“A perfectly crafted cocktail can add an extra spark to a hotel or dining experience. As our guests’ preferences have evolved, we’ve continued to cater to their needs by refining our food and beverage offerings globally,” said Alexandra Jaritz, senior vice president of brand management at Hilton, Asia Pacific.
“This underscores Hilton’s commitment to delivering best-in-class food and beverage programming. Whether you’re enjoying a drink at one of our bars or in the comfort of your home, we hope this helps you set the scene for a memorable evening.”
Straight up, frozen, on the rocks or virgin, Hilton’s hotel bartenders and mixologists are eager to create concoctions that will have you sipping pretty. Below is just a sampling of some of the most anticipated cocktails available to you at Hilton Asia Pacific properties this season:
Monday Negroni from Hilton Goa Resort
Coco mixologist Rasikta Kamble of Hilton Goa Resort is seeing even the most avid cocktail connoisseurs taking a more leveled approach towards drinks appreciation – especially as zero-proof spirits offer the same levels of craft production without any compromise on taste. This summer, Kamble feels this modern Monday Negroni will be a popular request.
- 2 oz (60 ml) Sakura Fresh Negroni
- 2 dashes Sakura Fresh Better than Bitters
- Garnish: star anise
- Fill a mixing glass with ice and add Sakura Fresh Negroni and Better than Bitters. Stir for 10 seconds.
- Light the star anise with a cigar lighter and capture the smoke into the mixing glass for a few seconds.
- Fill an old fashioned glass with fresh ice and strain the stirred cocktail over.
- Garnish with the torched star anise and serve.
Illusion from Waldorf Astoria Bangkok
In Thailand, mixologists at The Loft at Waldorf Astoria Bangkok suggest the Illusion for savoury summer sipping. Named for its duality, the Illusion is light in appearance but packs a real punch in flavour and strength, serving as the ideal refresher for the upcoming hotter months.
- 45 ml Hendrick’s Gin
- 5 ml peach liqueur
- 10 ml Silpin Thai lemongrass syrup
- 20 ml clarified lime juice
- 90 ml house-made vanilla, ginger and Pandan soda
- Garnish: lemon twist, edible flower
- Fill a mixing glass with ice and combine all of the above ingredients.
- Stir and strain into an oak Chardonnay glass.
- Finish with a block of ice, edible flower and lemon twist.